- Travel by train:
for the ones that do not love walking, the train represents the best way to visit all the villages of the Cinque Terre. Until the end of the 19th Century these towns were completely isolated and reachable just on foot or by sea. In 1860 (works ended in 1874) it was built the first tunnel of this track connecting Genoa with La Spezia and crossing almost entirely all this territory through tunnels (32 tunnels were built here!). This means of transportation give the possibility to visit the villages in a discreet and easy way. Local or regional trains coming from Sestri Levante direction la Spezia or vice versa stop in all the towns with a frequency of about 30 Minutes. Some national or international trains stop at the stations of Monterosso and Riomaggiore.
- Travelling times:
Riomaggiore – Manarola: 2 minutes;
Manarola – Corniglia: 3 minutes;
Corniglia – Vernazza: 4 minutes;
Vernazza – Monterosso: 3 minutes
- Connections between Deiva Marina and the Cinque Terre:
Local trains connect Deiva Marina with the Cinque Terre.
Deiva Marina - Monterosso: 16 minutes;
Deiva Marina - Vernazza: 23 minutes;
Deiva Marina – Corniglia: 26 minutes;
Deiva marina – Manarola: 29 minutes;
Deiva marina – Riomaggiore: 32 minutes
- Price of tickets and Cinque Terre Card:
Price of tickets and Cinque Terre Card: ite cheap but there s a small difference between normal and weekend fares.
For example, Deiva Marina-Riomaggiore, the longest route, costs Euro 2,10 with normal fare, while the weekend fare costs Euro 2,20.
The Cinque Terre Card entitles you to walk through all the footpaths between Levanto and La Spezia together with train transportation.
- The Cinque Terre Card, has a validity of 1, 3 or 7 days and includes a series of services:
- Free use of the Blue trail (Riomaggiore-Monterosso)
- Unlimited journeys by train on the stage La Spezia-Levanto and vice versa
- Free use of the minibuses at the interior of the five villages for people and luggage transportation (cost without card: 1,50 per person per way)
- Free use of the Environment Education Centre of Torre Guardiola in Riomaggiore
The Cinque Terre Card and the normal railway tickets sre sold at